Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Government Shutdown and the fools that are holding us hostage!

After watching the video below, I've realized how fucked we are in this country. In the end, I can't say I'm with either party, but if you had to get screwed by one of them; who would at least use Vaseline? Since the republicans think they have the right to own a women's uterus and health care should not pay for abortions; imagine how quickly they would change their minds if a man had to give birth. There would be no doubt in my mind how quickly this would be a moot point; I bet the spending on male abortions would be more than military spending! On the other hand, our Democratic president has completely washed his hands clean on transparency of the government, going full throttle of backing the NSA, it is really hard to say who I rather get screwed over by. None the less, if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, it would reluctantly be with the democrats. 

My problem is that I've taken a backseat to watching the country go down the toilet, since 9/11. Now as I watch the country turn from a global influence, to a country that could economically be bankrupt, I've been starting to ask myself who are the people that are in charge of doing these things and why?

In the end I feel that we all should be asking ourselves this question. Really, at what point will the damage so significant that people would want change? Will it be when our privacy is taken over? When a bunch of men in politics state to know what is right for a women's  bodies, or how about when education is so expensive that every child growing up is enslave in so much debt by tuition "The American Dream" is just that, a dream!



No comments:

Post a Comment